Experts agree that there has to be a specific figure that muscle builders can follow. In the United States the recommended daily allowance of protein for average people is 0.8g/kg or 0.4g/lbs of body weight. But if you are trying to build muscle and tone up you need 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight. Thus how much protein to build muscle if you weigh 170 pounds is 170 grams of protein each day to effectively build muscle.
High quality protein is also essential and not just any type of protein. This is the type of protein that can give you the essential amino acids for the different metabolic needs of the body. High quality protein can be found in nuts such as walnuts, cashew, pistachio and walnuts. Fish is also a great source of high quality protein; eat tuna, salmon and mackerel to get enough high quality protein for the entire day. Whole eggs and organic poultry are also great protein sources; look for organic chicken meat and eggs in the supermarket or in specialty shops in your area.
A concrete idea on how much protein to build muscle is a sample menu that you can follow which can provide 200 grams of protein for a 200 lb man:
- For breakfast, eat 3 whole eggs fried, boiled or scrambled. Eat this with bread or vegetables.
- For snacks, eat yoghurt, a scoop of whey protein shake, and any type of fruit like a banana or apple, whatever fruit is in season.
- For tuna, you can eat a can of tuna together with whole wheat bread, fresh lettuce as a salad (not too much dressing).
- For an afternoon snack, 100g of nuts like walnuts, cashews or pistachios.
- After your workout, a scoop of whey protein shake, a glass of milk, a banana.
- For dinner, 150g of chicken breast, green veggies for a salad.
- For a midnight snack, flax seeds, cheese, fruits in season
It is important to take in more fluids and fiber in your diet as you increase your protein intake. Protein is also found to be acidic so it is best to eat a lot of vegetables to manage acidity.
How much protein to build muscle therefore is easy to do and the protein that you take in can slowly become muscle if you engage in muscle building exercises. Investing in a good gym membership can bring wonders to your body transformation. Look for a gym that has complete gym equipment to help you in your workout. If you choose to take protein supplements for building muscle, consult a professional trainer to assist you on how much protein to build muscle mass using supplements first.
If you are looking for the best method to lose your stubborn abdominal fats, you need to check out this ONE secret to burn fat. I have personally tried many other fat loss programs, but nothing even comes close to the effectiveness of this method.
I struggled for years to burn fat, until I found this 1 secret.