Yes, nutrition plays a very important role in keeping your body in good condition at all times. Meaning, building muscle is not just about weight lifting and exercising, food is an integral part of it, especially nutrition.
On Starving and Overeating
There are many, many misconceptions about foods for building muscle. You see, different people have varying health goals. You might be dreaming of being skinny, while your friend would like to gain some weight to pack on the muscle mass. Whatever your fitness goal is, it is important that you understand the principles about dieting.
For starters, let us talk about starvation. Many people think that they will easily build muscle if they are going to shed weight. While this assumption may be partly true, the ways by people lose weight is not a healthy choice. What they will do is that they deprive themselves of food, let their nutrition suffer, and lift weights. This is false. You need to let your muscles eat because this is where they are going to get the mass that they will use to be more defined.
Another situation is about overeating. Those who want to become bodybuilders will go all out in eating because they think that this move will help them gain more muscle mass. Again, this is a misconception because if you are going to totally fatten your muscles, chances are you are going to be obese.
So the trick here is to pick out the right foods, and always eat in moderation.
The Best Foods for Building Muscle
Surely, it goes without saying that the best foods for building muscle are proteins and carbohydrates. Proteins are the building blocks of the body and they aid in production of muscles and at the same time gives your body the added muscle mass that you need. On the other hand, carbohydrates are the fuels. They give the body the energy that you need to perform the tasks that you wish to do like weight lifting.
So the specific foods that are rich in either or both protein and carbohydrates essential for muscle growth are the following:
- Eggs – Give the body the natural protein that it needs.
- Fish – Provides the very healthy and essential omega-3 oils. This also helps reduce cardiovascular events and keeps your blood pressure in check. This is very important for those who wish to lift weights but have already issues with blood pressure and their heart.
- Poultry and red meat – These are very good sources of protein as well as essential vitamins that aid in muscle growth.
- Oatmeal – This complex carbohydrates food is not only delicious, but provides you with the energy that can stimulate muscle growth.
- Milk – Gives calcium and other important minerals.
- Nuts – Provides you with enough and the right amount of saturated fats.
Nutrition is important in all aspects of our life. With that let these foods for building muscle help you achieve your goal.
If you are looking for the best method to lose your stubborn abdominal fats, you need to check out this ONE secret to burn fat. I have personally tried many other fat loss programs, but nothing even comes close to the effectiveness of this method.
I struggled for years to burn fat, until I found this 1 secret.